Information Collection and Use
o Visit and use our websites or Mobile App;
o Register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services;
o Open our email newsletters or use DayAxe software widgets;
o Visit the websites of or make bookings through some DayAxe partners;
o Participate in a member review;
o Are referred deals by a user of the site; and
o We may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
• When you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect the following personal information from you:
o Contact information such as name, email address, Instant Messaging address, mailing address (including country of residence, and telephone number;
o Billing information such as credit card information, and billing address;
o Demographic information such as birth year, gender, income and occupation;
o Information concerning your personal preferences, such as preferred airport, and other personal interests;
o Information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services; and
o Your IP address and, when using our Mobile Application, data such as device type and OS version. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services. DayAxe receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register or subscribe with DayAxe.
• We use this information to:
o Provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
o Customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
o Contact you with offers by DayAxe and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
o Conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
o IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
o Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
o Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers or other third parties;
o Estimate the total number of users visiting DayAxe from specific countries or regions of the world;
o Assist third party advertisers to track the effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, such as to track visits to and business on the advertised websites; and
o Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that we host.
o By signing up for our mobile services, downloading our mobile application or providing your phone number, you consent to receiving push notifications, advertising messages and text messages from DayAxe relating to our products and services. To opt-out of receiving push notifications, you can disable push notifications on your mobile device system settings.
o When using our mobile website or application, if you tell DayAxe where you are located (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send DayAxe your precise location), DayAxe may use that information to provide you with location-based information, tailored offers and advertising. Precise location information is not shared with any third parties who are not providing services to us. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
o DayAxe may collect third party information in connection with our gift giving service. We will collect the relevant contact information of the gift recipient which may include name, address, and email address. We will use this third party information only for this service and not to market directly to the recipient unless the recipient is currently registered with DayAxe independently. To provide this service, we obtain address information of the gift recipient from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify the address so we can properly ship your gift order and to prevent fraud.
o Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, DayAxe cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
• DayAxe does not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
o If you are making a purchase on the Site, we often work with third parties and trusted business partners to securely collect your credit card, billing address and other verifying information. Our third parties partners are required to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information they receive and/or process on our behalf. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and thus we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We assume no liability for disclosure of personal information due to, among other things, errors in transmission or unauthorized third parties;
o When you use our website or mobile platform to purchase a Day Pass, we may share your personal information with the Hotel or other involved third parties to provide you with services, or require that you transact directly with a third party partner.
o We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from DayAxe and our marketing partners, or to provide you with our location based services. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share your personal data for any other purposes, however they may use aggregate data for statistical purposes;
o We may also provide data to our third party analytics partners, such as Google Analytics, for the purposes of tracking usage information. We will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service. To opt-out of Google Analytics use of your information, please visit: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
o We may contract with third parties to analyze our customer data and/or handle web chat, email, customer services and other services. These third parties may monitor or record telephone calls in order to evaluate and improve the overall customer experience. The companies we employ to help us with these tasks may have access to personal data to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes;
o We may invite you to write a member review on your personal experience and display the information that you provide us. When submitting a review you should not provide any personally information that you do not wish to make publicly available. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via the feedback form at the end of this policy. You may also wish to leave a comment on one of our posts by means of a third party, such as Facebook or Disqus. Please be aware that you may be sharing information with these other networks;
• We may also disclose your personal information to:
o Provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations;
o Comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings;
o Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of DayAxe's Terms & Conditions, or as otherwise required by law;
o Perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of DayAxe, our employees, our members, and our Services.
• As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you in order to improve the services we offer you, improve our marketing efforts, perform analytics, or improve site functionality.
Your Account Information and Preferences
• DayAxe respects your right to control how your personal information is used. DayAxe may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. To unsubscribe from receiving DayAxe services you previously requested follow unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email. You must use the feedback form below to request deletion of your information. We will respond to your requests within ten business days.
• We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the DayAxe Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in the email communications we send to you.
• If you request termination of your DayAxe account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further email deliveries to you in approximately ten business days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
• We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
• DayAxe takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company's control against loss, misuse, or alteration. When you enter a credit card number on our website, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
• DayAxe reserves the right to enhance information about you with appropriate and legal data that may be obtained to serve you better and present you with more relevant information, for example by using Geo-IP maps. In addition, DayAxe reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users for a variety of reasons at DayAxe's discretion, for example if an email address stops accepting email.
Data Transfer and Storage
• Please note that the information DayAxe collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country - currently on servers in the United States. If you are visiting our websites from a country other than the United States or your home country, please note that the United States or other countries where we may be hosting servers may not have the same data protection laws as your country or jurisdiction. By providing your personal information to DayAxe, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country - currently the United States.
Single Sign On
• You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like these also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Service to your social media profile page to share with others within your network.
• DayAxe may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
Questions/Your Privacy Rights
2326 Glendon Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90064
LAST UPDATED: 6/26/2016